When marketing your business and brand, it is important to balance cost with results. With a new startup hungry to grow, the main goal should be to boost ROI. This can be done by spotting the most efficient strategies without spending a fortune. Regardless of your business niche and domain, the following 5 marketing approaches should help you attain great success on a budget.
- Inbound marketing
Inbound marketing is by far the most efficient strategy because it helps attract, delight and convert visitors into paying customers by leveraging all the strengths of your business. As opposite to conventional marketing trends, inbound manages to grab customer attention and compels them to click on your site through meaningful content. Since messaging can be both useful and relevant, it appears at the right time and it is not annoying to customers because it doesn’t feature interruptive conventional marketing. Why is inbound marketing effective?
- Because it is aimed at businesses of all shapes and sizes
- Because it crafts knowledgeable prospects
- Because it can be easily managed and integrated through a CRM (customer relationship management) system, such as HubSpot.
- Content marketing
Another great tactic that can greatly help your business meet marketing needs is content marketing. It works because focuses on educating customers rather than on convincing them to make a purchase. Content marketing focuses on crafting & distributing information that is relevant to potential clients. Considering that there’s ongoing communication happening, the content is easily tailored to reflect what customers what to learn. The learning material can be made of webpages, blogs, videos, infographics, ebooks, webinars, podcasts and more.
Content marketing must not be confused with inbound marketing. Even though it is fundamental for creating an overall inbound strategy, it doesn’t integrate other methodologies to boost content value. Why is content marketing efficient?
- Because it helps grow brand visibility, desirability and credibility
- Because it draw attention through sales
- Because it keeps targeted customers engaged with relevant information
- SEO (search engine optimization)
Also known as SEO, search engine optimization is a fundamental part of a business’s marketing approach. It is a detailed and meticulous process for boosting awareness and traffic. Done right, SEO can bring your website on the top pages of a search engine’s results. Even though social media, banner adds, email and additional marketing tools also generate traffic and visitors, SEO has more potential because it centers on targeted traffic to diversify your customer base. Why is SEO efficient for business?
- Because it never stops evolving and keeps you updated with the latest changes
- Because it simplifies searches for people interested in what you have to offer
- Because it is cost-efficient and helps your brand stay competitive
- PR marketing
A PR marketing campaign has lots of benefits because it is considered a credible approach for promoting a business. One of the main key points of PR is that is helps establish credibility through the use of the media. Audiences see media outlets as independent, unbiased sources. A PR campaign that’s well-structured can be extremely powerful. It draws attention, it entices and it makes your product memorable. Why is PR marketing efficient?
- Because it has a visual impact on potential customers
- Because uses unbiased third-party media outlets to make your product credible
- Because it reaches a wider audience, thus making your product visible to the masses
- SEM (search engine marketing)
Also known as SEM, search engine marketing is a tool that businesses should use to grow website traffic via paid online advertising. PPC (pay-per-click) is one of the most common SEM approaches. In essence, a startup purchases links (masked as ads) in search engine results, and are used when keywords linked to their services or products are searched. Search engine marketing is fundamental for business because:
- It uses online tools to target and reach an audience
- It is cost efficient and increases visibility
- It can easily adapt to multiple audiences and markets
Marketing a business in the online environment doesn’t have to cost a fortune as long as you know what tactics to implement in your campaign. The key is to draw attention and have a target audience in mind that can relate to your products and service. If you can do that, you’re on the right path to online success.
~ article written by Charles Goodwin and Datadial.net